Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Juicin'

Hey Peeps!

Happy Tuesday! I finally feel like things are settling down from the hectic month that was March! With NO traveling for the rest of April, things are looking up for my stress-level so far:)

It was a beautiful day in Kansas, maybe getting a little hot actually;) But, alas, tomorrow starts a string of ho-hum weather. I am a HOT weather kind of gal!!!

This morning I started off my day with OATMEAL INSANITY!!!

 Ok, I admit, it doesn't look that appetizing! But click on the link above for a low-cal, hearty bowl of oatmeal that will keep you going for hours! It's Yummers!

My morning snack was a new Greek yogurt I found: Oikos.


This one had caramel on the bottom and others have fruit (who would choose fruit over caramel???). I'm still die-hard Chobani, however, this is good in a pinch! It's a bit sweeter than most of the other Greek yogurt I've had, but I have a sweet tooth so I'm not complaining!



It still has all of the health benefits of Greek yogurt and it's definitely filling!

My exciting news is that a got a juice at Nebraska Furniture Mart this weekend! Only $20, so we'll see how long it lasts, but I tried my first concoction of items I had in the fridge:



Morning Red Delicious
3 small apples (I used Jonathon)
1/2 of a lemon (peeled)
1 thumb-size piece of fresh ginger

It was delicious, as expected;) I really have no problem getting in my fruit for the day. I love having grapes, apples, BANANAS, and strawberries as snacks and in smoothies throughout the day. Vegetables are a bit of a chore to get in sometimes unless I have a salad or stir-fry. So here are some combos I'm really looking forward to:

Cabbage/Celery/Apple
Carrots/Apple
Tomato/Jalapeno/Cucumber
Carrots/Pear/Squash
Carrots/Spinach/Celery
Tomato/Cucumber/Carrot

I think adding an apple to all of those vegetable combos will bring a surprising tart and sweet flavor to the vegetables! I'm super stoked about trying these combos and I'm heading to the store TOMORROW for some healthy goodies! I'll let you know how it goes:)

Don't forget my giveaway going on RIGHT NOW through Friday to win a $10 e-card to Swanson Health Products! Just leave a comment HERE!

Do you have a juicer? What is your favorite combination? Have any advice for a first time juicer owner?

3 comments:

  1. When you juice, does it keep the pulp or strain it out? I don't have a juicer, but if I were to ever get one I'd make sure that it keeps the pulp because there are tons of vitamins and minerals in the skin (and the pulp is the only source of the fiber!) so I wouldn't want to get rid of those tasty, nutritious little morsels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I want a juicer! I've been afraid to commit because of the cost, but if this one works out, it could push me over the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The juicer was a measley $20 and so far it's bee good! Rae-it does keep the pulp and I know that a bunch of nutrients are in there-but I have no idea what to do with them! Do I just get a fork and start digging in???

    ReplyDelete